Friday, March 7, 2014

Day #3: Not a stellar day: 40 days to focus on my family

Transparency is key!

So I did not not win the focus on your children award today.  I'm exhausted and my fuse is a little short.  My 13-year old man child is trying my patience...so maybe the blessing is that he is still has all of his teeth. Yes, I believe I will embrace that!
Well I was able to help my 9-year old complete his display board on a Friday afternoon.  Although, I think that had more to do with his own diligence than it did with my being a great influence.
I can say that I met my husband at the gym today after work and we exercised together.  But even now, if I recall correctly, I was a little snappy.

Okay, so today was not my best day to display how to focus on your family.  What I think is important is the fact that I realize my shortcomings and can try all over again tomorrow.  A brand new day with brand new mercies.  But if tomorrow is going to be better,  I better take myself to bed.  Rest helps us all to focus better.

So I'm going to walk it out.....right into the bedroom to get some rest.  Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment