Friday, June 12, 2015

YOUR gift will make room for you!

Almost every other month, I get caught in the trap of comparing myself to others.  Incredible!  I should be doing this or that!  I should have a "thing"!  I should be much farther along than where I am right now.  I told my husband that I felt like I was living in limbo.... just waiting on God's direction before I make the next move.
He very simply said, "Sharri, like you always say...live in the moment...let's just get through Friday".  I chuckled because I quickly realized that he actually listens to what I say. Woohoo!

I know at some point you've probably done the same thing!  Have you ever wished that you could be more advanced in your career or business?  Have you ever wanted more money or more recognition?  Have you ever looked at someone else's life and thought you needed to be where they were? If so, first recognize that those thoughts only make you human. Secondly, you need to get over yourself, because it is a waste of time!  (Sorry, there was no easy way to say that.)

As he and I continued to talk, I realized that I was trying to come up with things that could help me make more money, rather than focus on the things that really make me happy.  My head was in a fog because I had been going about things the wrong way.  I honestly just want to serve and bless others through my words, smiles, hugs, laughter and encouragement. This blog is my way of helping others while at the same time, staying in touch with my soul.  Encouraging you, encourages me.  Helping you envision your life in a different way, helps me to tap into my own truth.  I'm happy when I am totally present and observant of God working all around me.   It's not about me at all!


I prompt you to listen to your inner voice and do that thing that makes you happy, while drawing you closer to God.  Last year, my book was accidentally birthed out of this blog.  I didn't ask for it.  I wasn't looking for money.  I wasn't looking for recognition.  I simply obeyed God by writing about my family and he connected me with someone who recognized something in me that I hadn't yet recognized in myself.  My passion for my family was my big "pay day" and it continues to be so.  I am rich because I love to look at them, laugh with them, cry with them, pray with them, play golf with them and just be totally present with them.  And I, in turn, love to share that with you.

So find your thing!  That thing that fuels you and frees you to be your authentic self.  And when you give yourself, unrestricted to God, he will bless you and your gifts will make room for you.  So I am going to follow my own advice and totally live in the present, as I patiently await God to orchestrate my future.  It may not make you money immediately, but I promise that it will bring so much joy. Try it!

Now walk it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment