Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Time to stop playing the victim role! Be careful what you say!

So many times we hear statements like this:
  1. The enemy is on my track. 
  2. The man is trying to keep me down.
  3. The devil keeps messing with me.
  4. Bad things always happen to me.
  5. I can't seem to get anything right.
  6. The devil made me do it.
  7. I'm never going to get out of this.

We wallow in these statements and then wonder "why bad things keep happening?". Why is my life going in this direction? What did I do wrong to deserve this?  The funny thing is, as long as you keep thinking and speaking negatively, you will attract exactly what you're thinking and speaking.  The New Thought law of attraction says that "like attracts like".  But I'm also reminded of the scriptures that advises us to think on positive things.

Philippians 4:8 says, Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 
When we begin to focus on these things, we leave less room for negative thoughts.


Romans 12:2 says, Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind...
We've got to be sure to not conform our thinking to just what we see in front of us.  Your life begins to change when you start looking at it differently.

Let's try it....
My current situation: I am currently out of work.
My position: God I thank you for this time to reorganize and refocus my life. Time to spend with my family and loved ones. Time to plan out my next move.

My current situation: I have an illness.
My position: God I thank you for your healing power.  Even if you choose not to heal me right now, I know that you're able.  Thank you for giving me this time to get closer to you and find my purpose. Thank you that through my story, I might be leading others to know you.

My current situation: My friend turned his/her back on me.
My position: This stinks and hurts! But I know that you know what's best for me and if I really sat down and thought about, I'm probably a better ME without him/her.

My current situation: There seems to be an attack on my character and someone keeps trying to sabotage what I'm doing.
My position: God I thank you that my life gives you glory, so much so, that it infuriates the enemy.  So I recognize that he will send every obstacle, every nasty word, every form of harassment to get me off of my course. I call out Luke 10:19 which says “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” So I can be confident as I live my purpose, because I know that I have authority over the enemy.  The attacks might come, but they can't take me under.

You must practice your position.  Romans 4:17b says, "call those things which are not, as though they were".  What does that mean?  It means "say it, before you see it".  Start trusting God for the answer, even when you don't see an answer anywhere in sight. It's about believing that God wants the best for you and as you align yourself to His will, He will begin to unfold His plan for you.  It's a daily walk and a takes a daily determination. But the more you practice FAITH, the easier it becomes to live by FAITH.

Seriously...it's time to stop with the self-sabotage!  You are so powerful.  You are chosen.  Your life is designed to give God glory.  You are His handy workmanship. You are His delicate and intricate creation. You are beloved. And yes, you CAN be used by God!  

Now believe it, speak it, drink it, wallow in it, trust it and walk it out.......... 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment