Wednesday, June 24, 2015

DON'T TRUST THE BACK UP PLAN!

     Have you ever decided that you were going to wait on God?  You stepped out on faith.  You made a move that others thought you were crazy for doing.  You told God that you would trust him, no matter what.  You prayed and fasted and told God, "yes this is it....I'm going all the way with you". You shared your decision with others and they said, "Hmmm, I don't know if I could do that...that takes a lot of faith". In some way, you probably felt good and maybe a little self righteous when others were impressed with your decision.  Somewhere in the back of your mind you're probably thinking, "See God, look at my faith.  Look how I'm stepping out on faith.  If they are impressed, then surely you are too and you're going to bless me". (Oh don't be so self-righteous...you know you actually thought that.  It just feels bad to actually admit it. That was just your flesh talking over your spirit.  It's called being human.)

The dilemma is that you say that you are trusting God for direction, yet in the back of your mind, you've already created a back up scheme.  It's a kind of "God, let me help YOU out plan.  Just in case you don't answer in a timely manner, I've got a back up, so no worries God".
What in the world??!
  • Just in case you don't bless me with a job before rent is due....I've got a way to circumvent that and make some extra money.
  • Just in case you don't bless me with a spouse by this time next month...I've got a "side piece" that I can always rely on.
  • Just in case this pain persists and you don't heal me, I've got a hook up (my own pharmacist) so I can relieve the pain temporarily until they find a cure.

The point is, if you told God that you were going to trust Him and wait on Him, then the blessing comes when you do just that.  If you can figure it out all by yourself, do you really need Him? Sometimes God wants you to come to the end of YOU, so that He can kick in. ("My strength is made perfect in my weakness, II Corinthians 12:9.)  I'm not saying to just sit there on your rusty dusty and do nothing...
  •  You can pray, job search and maybe get more training/ education... asking the Lord to send you where you need to be and where He will get the glory.  
  • You can fast and pray, fix your credit and adjust your attitude so that when God does send that "special one", YOU will be a healthy partner in the relationship.
  • You can pray for God's healing power, as you are searching out the right doctor or clinic to address your particular health needs.
Trusting God is not about inaction and playing the waiting game for God.  Trusting God with your life and your decisions is about praying, getting closer to God, building that relationship and spiritual prayer muscle and increasing your faith so when the opportunity, job, relationship or healing comes, you'll be ready to move to that next dimension.  And everyone will know that it was NOBODY BUT GOD!

So if you say that you trust God, stop worrying about the situation.  Seek God's face for direction and be open to Him working on you as He prepares YOU to walk into your blessing.  You might have great ideas, but if your back up plan is dependent on you and not on God, then you'll continue making the same mistakes. So my simple word for you today is...DON'T TRUST THE BACK UP PLAN.....trust God's plan.

Now walk it out...


No comments:

Post a Comment