Thursday, June 21, 2018

NOW WHAT?!- Day 9 of 10

Today, I found myself in a weird space.

It's the end of day 9 and I have done extremely well. ( I tried to write earlier in the day as I was working through some feeling and emotions.)  I really am proud of myself for sticking it out.  But when I tell you that I thought about just forgetting the whole thing today. The cravings that I didn't have in the beginning, I had them on Day 9.  Like, who does that?

I found myself talking myself off of the ledge saying, "come on Sharri,  just get through today and tomorrow".  I wasn't sad or happy, but it seemed as if my mind was playing tricks on me.  I was congratulating myself privately, while this question simultaneously occupied my brain..."NOW WHAT?".  I know there are ways to gradually return to solid foods,  so as not to eat too much of the wrong thing that would defeat this entire 10-day journey.   But I recognize that there are other emotions that I will gradually need to work through, which may take a little more time.

My body feels different. No I haven't stepped on a scale yet, but the touch of my skin has changed and my stomach appears flatter (bloating gone).  But something else feels different too. This cleanse has conjured some thoughts and emotions that I suppose have been hidden.  Some beliefs that I have concerning myself and others have taken center stage.  I guess I hadn't been "still" long enough to tap into these emotions; but now they're here and I'm saying 'now what?'. 

For me this cleanse was less about losing weight, but more about me gaining control over my eating habits, being mindful about what I was putting into my body and allowing to enter my spirit.  These last 9 days have not only affected my physicality, but my spirit is more open. Not open to others, but open and vulnerable to my own truth.  Oftentimes, I think we spend so much time doing, doing, doing that we lose sight of what it means to authentically BE.

Being happy in your skin.
Being happy with your thoughts.
Being truthful with how you feel.
Being open to the possibility that life has so much more to offer.
Being cognizant of the fact that there is more inside that still needs to be nurtured.
Being aware of who and what you allow to share the same space.
Being okay, with not being okay.  Simply asking yourself  the question "what comes next?" And feeling confident even when you can't answer the question right away.

Hopefully, day 10 will afford me the time to really tap into this question and find the answer(s) that will soothe my soul.

This is a total makeover: mind, body and soul and I'm interested in learning more about what it will take to feed every aspect of my appetite.

Don't be afraid to ask yourself the hard questions and be kind as you search and uncover the answers.

 Now walk it out...






No comments:

Post a Comment