Sunday, June 17, 2018

From Pissed to Praying to Pooping

Well hello there....I'm sure that title just grabbed your attention. Ha!  ( I love what I do.)

As a physician, I consider many of the regular bodily functions that people seem to be so sensitive about as a beautiful part of the human experience.  Anatomy and physiology at work.  It's just wonderful.  Soooooo today we're going to talk about bowel movements.  What in the world?!  Sit tight....there's redemption at the end.

As you know I began my 10-day green smoothie cleanse this week....today I am on Day 6.  One of the things that the cleanse is supposed to do is help you detox your body via the urine or the feces. (calm down people....it's normal...you do it everyday...hopefully)  Anyway, before the cleanse I detoxed regularly/daily.  I'd never really had a problem with getting rid of the days intestinal byproducts; however, when I began the cleanse...it stopped.  That was strange to me!  I figured if I was getting all of the nutrients that my body needed, then I should be able to expel without any issues.  In the book it mentions "normal" while on the cleanse could be from 1 to 3 times a day. Well Day 3 showed some promise, but not like my usual.  By day 4, I was typing my concerns in the '10-day Green Smoothie cleanse FB group' asking for help.  Well the book, by JJ Smith, already mentions natural laxatives.  So I decided to try the sea salt drink (basically Epsom salt) the morning of Day 5, but nothing happened except me burping a little.  Then someone responded that I should be sure that I'm drinking half my body weight in water. ( I wan't doing that.)  So I decided definitely to increase my water intake for the day.

Okay, so put a pin there....let me go all the way back to the beginning!

On the 1st day of the cleanse, my husband said that he was going to join me.   From the outset, I knew this was a bad idea!  This time around I'd decided that I was showing up for ME.  I couldn't be his cheerleader when I was struggling myself.  We went to a salad bar for lunch and I actually only had my shake and ate boiled eggs and raw carrots off the bar.

I must admit though that I was immediately pissed!  I was mad at myself for wanting him to join me to my level of expectation.   I got mad at him for not trying hard enough, although I should have understood that he was actually trying to encourage me by joining me on the journey.

On day 3 while I was cooking and smelling my delicious caribbean jerk rice and beans, I drank my smoothie and didn't sample the food at all. (I used Chandler as my food taster and it was good to go.) I was so afraid that if I had allowed the slightest food to get acquainted with my taste buds, I'd be quickly swept into the modified version. I was so proud of myself, but I didn't realize that I was beginning to resent my husband. I wanted him to be strong enough for both of us when it was my time to be strong for myself. No excuses!

Y'all I was going in on him (in my head...never verbalized)  But as many of you know, the conversations in your head are the WORST and they are extremely TOXIC!  When you thnk negatively towards someone else,  you are actually poisoning your body.

Day 5, yesterday, as I rose early to do laundry, I took the saltwater laxative and only burped.  But during the day the Lord reminded me that I said that I was doing this cleanse for MYSELF.  So God was like, why are you tripping over your husband?  Why not pray for him?  Free that man from your unproductive thoughts.  So he and I visited a member in the hospital;  I shopped for Father's day with the boys; and decided that I was going to make a happy Sunday meal with ox tails, mac & cheese and sauteed broccoli and onions.  As the day progressed my emotions changed and the tone of my voice was getting better. ( When I tell you I was being short and tight-lipped previously....I'm serious.  Ugh!  I'm almost embarrassed to admit it.)  That afternoon we attended a healthy luncheon and I carried my green smoothie with me.  I was shocked at my discipline, although the little dessert cup had me thinking really hard. Ha!  I continued in prayer and began cooking last night.  My heart was melting towards my husband because I was shifting my focus. This was never about him, this was about my growth.

Instead of berating him for not doing what i was doing (Remember this wasn't his idea anyway.)  I began to pray "Lord thank you because he's an amazing man and I want him to be here for our children.  Help me to get myself together so I can be his cheerleader later".

As he worked on his sermon last night, I tried to be helpful and ask if he needed anything.  When I finally went to bed, I had a clear conscience.  No more mean thoughts, just utterances of prayer and thanksgiving.

Well this morning, Day 6, after checking the oxtails in the crock pot, I felt a rumbling in my tummy.  I was so excited to leave the kitchen and sojourn into the bathroom.  Deliverance had come!
And about 20 minutes later,  God had a double portion blessing and I was back in the bathroom. Ha!  Come on and tell the Lord THANKYA!

As I stood in the shower, the revelation came.

'Not only were your bowels locked up, but your spirit was clogged because you were holding Byron hostage.  Instead of focusing on what you were doing right, you were being sucked into finding everything that he was doing wrong ( in your eyes anyway).  Just as constipation can poison your body, you were poisoning your spirit by not letting him go and releasing him from your negative thoughts.  Though you never mumbled a word, your spirit was clashing with his and you were being drawn away from him.'

Okay God so you are saying that I couldn't get a natural breakthrough until I  increased my water intake and allowed your Holy Spirit to flow through me for a spiritual breakthrough.

Many of us are sick in our bodies, NOT because of disease but because of our unwillingness to forgive and let people go.  When we hold people hostage with un-forgiveness and bitterness, we are actually creating toxins that are building up in our bodies, which will only harm us.  That pain that keeps creeping up in your body, might be the result of holding a grudge.  That sore that won't heal might be the result of you bringing up hurtful things over and over again to tear another individual down.  Simply put....you can't start pooping until you're willing to start praying! Even if the situation hasn't changed, begin to believe God that it will change.  Begin speaking life and stop throwing darts.  Ask God to give you a heart of compassion and turn in your handbag of rocks that you've been hurling at folks.  Check your bowels and check your spirit. Are they free and clear?  Clear of toxins? Clear of strife? Clear of negativity?  When you increase your fluid intake and begin to pray,  you will rid yourself of the buildup of toxins.  Your body will respond accordingly and begin to heal itself.

So go ahead...if you need to be free... take a mild laxative...increase your water (Holy spirit)  and begin to pray and .......you, too, can go from being pissed to praying and eventually pooping.

Now head towards the bathroom and walk it out...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment