Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Day 1 of 10- Silence the Voices

Singing..."Today, was a good day!"  Or at least an interesting one.

I woke up this morning and prepared my snack bags (carrots, celery, boiled eggs, unsalted sunflower seeds and apple)  for the first 5 days of the detox.  They are in storage bags inside the fridge, so I can  grab one as I head out of the door.  After drinking the detox tea, I wasn't starving for the smoothie...I was able to wait about an hour.

Pretty uneventful....until I hit the gym around 12 noon.  As I was walking on the treadmill, I began to doubt myself.  Crazy!  I honestly felt REALLY REALLY good, but I started questioning how long I'd be able to last.  I began to feel sick & uneasy immediately because nervousness was setting in.  "This is too good to be true"; "I wonder when I'm gonna start feeling cranky and irritable";  "What would happen if I cheated"; "I would be a failure".

WAIT, WHAT?  Why are you trippin' Girl?   YOU FEEL GOOD, so don't allow fear to creep in and steal your joy!  When I began to talk back to the chatter in my head, the sick feeling dissipated and the voices had to shut it down.  In that moment, I realized that we are the masters at controlling our narrative.  I will have to remind myself the next few days that I am powerful.  I can either talk myself into a miracle OR talk myself out of a blessing.  The choice is mine and that was my midday revelation.  If I can control the negative thoughts and show gratitude in the present moment, I can handle anything.

So allow me to show gratitude...
Thank you Lord for allowing me to wake up this morning with a determination to begin anew.
Thank you because you allowed everyone in the house to sleep while I prepped and prepared for the day.
Thank you for that quiet time with you.
Thank you for allowing me hit the gym today.
Thank you for showing me how to quiet the chatter in my head.
Thank you for boiled eggs, sunflower seeds, carrots, celery and apples.
Thank you that the smoothie actually tasted good.
Thank you that when I was offered a bite of a red velvet cookie, I declined.
Thank you for helping me not to give in today, even though my family has a million to-go containers on the kitchen table. ( side note: I told them I wasn't cooking, so they better figure it out quickly.  I'm just sayin')
Thank you for the detox tea that I am currently drinking.
Thank you for the agility of my fingers to type this message.
Thank you Lord that my bed is less than 2 feet away from me and I'm about to have a great night's rest.

God if I had 10,000 tongues, I still would be unable to thank you enough.  I am truly grateful!

So keep praying for your girl, as I walk this thing out.  Just know that whatever you're facing, you can handle it.  We're walking on our way to FEARLESS...

1 comment: