Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Not so easy today

Today was my first day back at work and Courtland's first day back to school, after the Christmas break.  We got in late last night because he had basketball games yesterday evening.  It ended with all of us falling over in the bed last night.  So my morning quiet time was cut short because we woke up running and on a mission today.

I worked all day, had to do after school pick-up, grabbed dinner for the family, went to Bible study and had a staff meeting afterwards.  Umm, I think home-girl is a little tired.  But as soon as I walked through the door, I realized that I had not completed my 21 minutes of exercise today.  "Let's go Arby...time to get your leash and go for a moonlit stroll".

And so Arby and I set out at 9:21pm ready to get our exercise on.  I turned on my gospel music station, put the phone in my pocket, with a leash in one hand and a golf club in my other hand.  This was my "quiet" time with God.  For those 21 minutes, I was able to pray and talk with God; such a beautiful time alone, yet together.  There were a couple of things that I needed to leave at the feet of Jesus.  I prayed "Lord take this anxiety away" and as quickly as I said it, I had to rephrase and say, "Lord, I give you my anxiety".  At that moment I realized that the power was in my hands.  If I don't want it, it's up to me to LET GO OF IT.  (I swear, I'm trying not to pick it back up again. Ha!...pray for a Sista.)

Today was not a perfect prayer time, but it was still meaningful because I had an opportunity to share my heart with God, knowing that I had been heard.  Whether you are riding in your car, lying in your bed, walking across the street or sitting at a table, your life can always be a prayer.  Your prayer life doesn't have to be hard, just open your mouth (and heart) and begin talking with God.

Now walk it out....

No comments:

Post a Comment