Monday, January 6, 2020

It's a 21-day Journey: Time to Recharge

It is 2020 and I am so grateful to be alive and well.  As my 15-year old would point out to me, "this is your 1st blog of the DECADE Mom". Everything is monumental with that kid. Ha!

The New Year brings about a fresh start and new beginnings for everyone.  A new resolve to eat better, exercise more, pray more consistently and spend less time wasting energy on unnecessary things and inconsequential people.  Even our church family begins the new year with a 21- day fast, a reminder to put God first.  I'm excited for this time because it's a continuation of something that I actually began at the end of 2019.  This fast will allow me to retune and refocus some of the things that I decided to do a little differently.

I came across this quote yesterday and it just centered everything for me.  Theologian Barbara Brown Taylor said, "I have a number of different callings. And I think it's possible to be called away from things I have been called to in the past.  There are goodbyes as well as hellos in our callings.  Because a calling doesn't have to be for a lifetime".  This resonated with me because I KNOW that God's favor and anointing rests on me and over the years God has gifted me to do numerous things.  But I also recognize as the Bible says in Ecclesiastes 3, "For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;..."  What you did last year may not be what you're called to do THIS year, but you will only recognize that if you stay connected to the power source.  

Have you ever needed to recharge your cell phone?  If you know the charger is already plugged into the wall and all you have to do is walk over and plug the source into the phone, wouldn't you look ridiculous if you stood at the opposite side of the room just looking at the charger and wishing that the phone would miraculously regain its power?  Instinctively, you know to walk your little happy tail over to the socket, plug the phone in and wait for time to pass so your phone can work efficiently.  Standing there hoping and wishing for the phone to charge sounds absurd, yet we do that when it comes to spirituality and plugging our souls back into its true power source.  I invite you to take this journey with me for the next 21 days.  Consider this your opportunity to recharge your battery!  It's been a while since I've blogged consistently, but I am feeling CALLED to do it for the next 21 days.

I'll share that I've also been called to walk my dog for 21 minutes for the next 21 days. (Arby and I started last night and he was soooo happy.)  I've also been called to pray with my kids for the next 21 days.  (They pray first, then I close out our prayer.)  This will give me an opportunity to hear what's on their hearts and for them to hear what's on my heart for them.  So yes, the family-focused journey that I began with them years ago, when I wrote the book, continues. But rather than just praying OVER them, I am praying WITH them. (No longer babies.... but young men. They are 19 and 15 years old now....a totally different calling. My God today!!!)

Each day, my goal is to check back with you and share with you the latest revelations resulting from my own plug-in.  It is my prayer that this will encourage you to reconnect to your power source as you meet me here daily.

Be well, be intentional, get plugged in and WALK IT OUT....



No comments:

Post a Comment