Sunday, January 1, 2017

Soulful Sundays with Dr. Sharri - The 2017 Series

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 
Wow!  It's January 1, 2017.



One Word ........................... Consistent

I just re-read the book One Word by Dan Britton, Jimmy Page and Jon Gordon.  I had been thinking the last month that I needed to be more consistent in my blogging.   Last year was a doozy.  Our family situation changed and the space that I used to consistently go for solitude and reflection was being occupied.  Oftentimes I allowed my lack of private space to impede my flow of creativity.  One thing came out of that situation was that I realized that I cannot allow my location to change my inspiration and dedication. (Everything is a learning process.) Indeed the Lord has been showing me this in the last 3 months, because now He just wakes me early in the AM and we converse for hours while I'm still lying in bed.  (2 AM is not my ideal time, but the Lord and I have been having some great conversations.)

Just this week, before re-reading the book, the Lord impressed upon my heart the word CONSISTENT.  Every time I thought about blogging or writing, that one word came up over and over.  I used to just hang out with God and then start writing.  I could have a message on Monday, two on Wednesday and then not again until 3 weeks later.  There was neither rhyme nor reason to my method; I wrote whenever I felt the urge to share a message.  Those of you who subscribe to the blog, never knew when you'd receive another email.  This bothered me, but I didn't know what to do or how to fix it.  I was so stuck in my own "I can't because....." , that I lost sight of  "I must because this is what God has called me to do".  

So I am back in 2017, because my one word is CONSISTENT.  This word means different things in each area of my life, but for this group it means that I will consistently post on Sundays.  It will be called  "Soulful Sunday with Dr. Sharri", because the messages that I type come from my time alone with God and in reflection. They are straight from my soul.  Get it?  I hope so and I pray that you will tune in every Sunday.   Feel free to leave a comment or question at the end of each blog.  If it blesses your Soul, then I invite you to share it with a friend.

Be blessed and I'll see you next Sunday.

Now walk it out......

No comments:

Post a Comment