Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Jesus, be a Nail Tech with Solar Nail Gel

On my birthday, I posted a video and mentioned that I was letting go of solar nails (acrylic....same difference) because I wanted to allow my nails to breathe and be my authentic self.  My authentic self has short brittle nails and it drives me completely crazy sometimes.  For this reason, over the years I would get a nail overlay because my nails would not grow without this help. I decided to go with simple gel nail polish, so at least the color wouldn't chip away immediately.
After soaking off the solar overlay, we filed my original nails down and applied gel nail polish....so cute.  Although my nails are short, they look pretty because the polish is so vibrant.

You know that's not all though, right?

One day later, I picked something up and realized that my right index finger nail was bending a little too much.  Upon further inspection, I noticed that there was a small crack in the polish...NO two cracks!  One at the tip and one on the side....are you kidding me?!  Well I've been looking at those cracks for the last few days and even tried applying nail glue.  Well 30 minutes ago, it finally ripped.  It didn't break, nor did it chip.....it flat our RIPPED!  That's how brittle my nails are.  My 1st instinct???.....GET UP AND CALL THE NAIL SHOP FOR AN EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT!!!  What did I actually do (after a few choice words...."dog bite it")?.... I began to laugh.

What was so funny?  I just realized that I was being totally unrealistic.  I expected my natural nails to withstand all of the pressure that an acrylic overlay could withstand.  When in fact, my nails were never strong in the first place......I was simply covering them up.  Week after week, month after month, year after year I had been covering up my natural nails and pushing it off as if it were the "real thing".  In order for my natural nails to get stronger, I will have to regulate my diet, perhaps take a vitamin E pill and be certain that I wear gloves when I'm cleaning or washing dishes.
I have to take care of my nails and protect them if I want to see any growth!

But isn't that the same with everything??!!

So many times in our lives we send our "representative" when we are dealing with people and then after some time the "real you" comes out and scares everyone because we can no longer cover up our true identity.  We play "church pretty", yet will cuss someone out in a heartbeat if they cross us.  We put on fake smiles when we know that we are really crying and hurting inside.  We play the victim, because we enjoy the attention that it gives us without taking time to realize that there is actually a victor inside.

So my questions to you are...

What are you covering up?
Why are you covering it up?
What would actually happen if you decided to uncover it?

I will not insult you and say that it is going to be easy to uncover some things.  In fact, it will probably get worse before it gets better.  My nails are so brittle right now that they will probably continue to rip & tear until the nail root produces more nail cells and I allow the keratin (the protein which makes the nail hard) to do its job without any interference from the acrylic.  It might be a slooooowwwww process, but it will happen IF I nurture it.

It's the time and nurturing that will cause your dead situation to come alive again.  It's the nurturing of your mind with positive thoughts that will help you to see the "brighter side" of every circumstance.  Its the nurturing of your soul that will allow you to realize that you are connected to a God who wants to see you flourish. It's the nurturing of your body, through proper diet and exercise, which will allow you to lose those extra pounds.

At the end of the day, you must nourish your authentic self.  It's time to live from your core and not merely skim from the surface.  The core is where you find your connection with God.  If the core is healthy, chances are the outer expression of the core will be healthy...producing healthy relationships with yourself and others.

I invite you to check out the YouTube clip http://youtu.be/VYODJxKlOmY  of my birthday message and begin living your authentic self from the core.

Now walk it out......

(And quietly walk right past me, if in 2 weeks you see that I have acrylic nails again....don't judge me...it's a process!)









No comments:

Post a Comment