Thursday, April 17, 2014

Still focusing on the family

The 40 day family focus is not over yet...I have just really been focusing on them these past 2 weeks (no time to write, but I do have some more stories to tell). 

 Both boys are playing baseball and the older one is playing basketball, as well.  Parenting is a serious undertaking if you are intentional in your child's development.  My husband and I deliberately put both of our sons in activities to keep them active and productive.  It's actually pretty funny because by Friday afternoon, they run home just to turn the TV on and vegetate on the couch for a few hours.  (That's because they don't get to watch television and play video games during the school week. Hey...that's what parents do....set guidelines.)

And during their Friday 'veg' time, my hubby and I try to sneak out for a quick dinner, a trip to the gym or just go for a quick ride WITHOUT children.  If you're married, it's imperative to find quality time just for the two of you.  We loved on each other to make these babies and now that the babies are growing up, we better find that time to continue to invest and love on each other.  Eventually both boys will leave home and I don't want to look at my husband one day and say, " who are you?"

I am really enjoying this time of intentionally doting on the people in my home.  They are not an afterthought at the end of they day.  Family is what drives me to work hard, so I can play hard when I'm with them.  I have learned so much about myself as I took the focus off of me to focus on them.  I am growing in this process and I am grateful to God for this time.  

If God has given you the opportunity to have a family, find time to deliberately dedicate time to them.  I promise that you will reap the harvest.

Now walk it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment