Saturday, November 23, 2013

Sun and shadow

Have you stopped recently to appreciate God's wonderment? Last week,  I was sitting on one of the campus benches, waiting on a colleague. It was a beautiful day...the sun was shining, yet it was cool enough for a light jacket. I stayed on the bench about 5 minutes when suddenly I became aware of God's presence.

I began to get warm, yet I had to pull my jacket a little tighter because the cool air was seeping in. The longer I sat, the more I became aware of the awesomeness of God. I closed my eyes to realize that the left side of my face was actually hot and the right side of my face was cold. How amazing!

It was wonderful that I could experience balance within the natural elements and experience God's grace of sun & shadow, but I was more excited that I was AWARE of it all. At that time, I was actually living in the moment and truly appreciating it.

How many times have we missed God's wonderment because we were busy or moving too quickly? I know I do...quite often!!! It's times like that when I realize that God wants to commune with me in the stillness. He's not impressed by my running around looking busy and important. He simply wants 5 minutes of my day to pause, ponder and pray!

Take time to notice God's wonders today and walk in balance!

No comments:

Post a Comment